Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Horrorwitz.

I hardly speak in class because so many people have a lot more thoughts than I do, and can carefully phrase them out in more proper, understandable and efficient formats, rather than my clunky, weirdly juxtaposed structured sentences.
I would rather sit back and listen. And I happen to enjoy just sitting back, listening.

But today was an exception.
"You are the new jesus'es' in filmmaking.."
"You control how the society behaves..."

"Hollywood is 4, 5 years ahead of everyone else.." warbled the precocious Horrorwitz lady.
"For instance in the supernatural genre..."

So I got really mad and said, "Well, can you explain how is it that Hollywood is 4 or 5 years ahead when every single horror film out at this moment are bastardizations of Asian films?"

I didn't get a decent answer.

Nor did I bother paying anymore attention after that, as I engaged myself in a heated debate (in my head) whether it would be a greasy but very yummy plain cheese slice from Mercato or Javaworks' transfat-free, healthy chicken-avocado sandwich for lunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like listening too...talking is not my thang ;)