Monday, August 17, 2009

summer update #11

I'm riding the subway lines and aaaaaargh I can't snap out of this weird... daze I'm in.
Like crap, I'm really back in stinking New York!!!


I don't know whether to be happy or joyous or sad or whatever.

The 21 + hour flight was treacherous as expected, food was awful, my cab driver totally ripped me off, but I got to walk into the uber cool white tunnel in the Mode office set (of Ugly Betty). I'm back in Bushwick thanks to my dearest Chloe who left keys to her apartment, and let me vegetate in her cosy room with A/C while she's away in Beijing..

Anyhoo, I think I found myself an apartment! It's really really nice. It's in Bushwick still, but I've got MY OWN FREAKIN ROOM WITH A DOOR, so I'm happy!!! So last Friday was the first time meeting my future roommate Amy after all that corresponding through facebook - she is ultra cool, super selamba and unlike any other Mat Sallehs I've met. And better still, she has a tv which she'll bring and told me I could use whenever. But best of all - she has the WII!!!

I watched two amazing films over the week.. well ok 3 if you count the one on free streaming. I'll write more later.
Oh, so I've also got a new job! So I wrote two episodes for this show (and almost died in the process.. here I am trying to pack to leave to New York and staying up the night trying to finish the re-writes.. ) thinking that they would never ask me to write again (the last revisions I sent in, honest to GOD I wrote while in a semi-comatose state... couldn't even make out what rubbish I was typing out on my dad's tiny netbook in the dark) but weirdly enough I'm being asked to write more. Well I guess my film is taking a backseat for now... and I'll just get all gelabah when I have a table reading in.. less than 12 weeks from now (ok that doesn't sound so bad.. if I can dish out 40 pages in a week, how hard could 8 pages be?!! ERGH. I'm just trying to make myself feel better here... after all the procrastination over the summer)

Blah blah blah melalut betul. I'm really starting to sound self-indulgent here.
I hate goodbyes! I hated frantically looking for you from below, knowing it's the last time you'd be there right in front of my eyes until I get to see you again --- but weirdly enough you suddenly said you can't wait for me to be back so we can jump on the bandwagon and be part of that elusive/exclusive club.. :P

OK OK bai.

No comments: