Thursday, November 15, 2007

fading into oblivion.

"Have you read any Malaysian news at all? Did you hear about the protest rally?"

"You mean the perhimpunan haram?"

"Where do you get your news?"

"Er.. utusan.com.my?"

"Utusan Melayu?!?!?"

Erm. OK. So I have been completely OBLIVIOUS about Perhimpunan Bersih which had hundreds of thousands of people romping the streets of KL last Saturday for freedom of fair election. Now, watching clips on Youtube (two different, biased coverages by Al-Jazeera and RTM/TV3) it's almost too shocking a scene... because these people who turned up to show support weren't the minorities but the majority MALAYS.

And here I am living in my little bubble... thinking what an AMAZING documentary that could have been.
Sigh.

Speaking of which, I think I am fading. Fast.


No comments: