Sunday, November 04, 2007

life and everything else.

Ok, so it has been a while, but it has been two depressing weeks of standing in the cold, freezing My ass off for a good 12 hours being being insulted, ridiculed, made to do 10 gazillion things simultaneously, AND expected not to be pissy/pms-y/passive-aggressive.

Oh and my shoot went fantabulously UNORGANIZED thanks to:
1) me not being able to finish storyboarding because i was too busy shading and making my drawings look pretty as opposed to actually locking down important key moments/frames
2) having a person who regales in tactlessness, self indulgence and absolute IGNORANCE as a camera assistant
3) the lack of proper scheduling skills

On top of that, everything else is just downright depressing. this whole production period has been so utterly depressing and traumatizing that even the first attempted racial assault I encountered (while walking back home from dinner in absolute tears because it had been such a horrible, horrible day and i had to be reminded about what I was missing with the very public display of affection between a crewmate and his visiting girlfriend) didn't even make me bat a single eyelash.

Other than that, I have learnt how to entertain myself in long, boring subway train rides (because they're all underground, there isn't much of a window to look out at to get lost in happy, cheery thoughts). Making funny faces at other people's kids, observing how New Yorkers dress to get it down to a pat (black, black and black) and of course, bitching silly with Steve and Lindsay.

I also had a girl in a mohawk of shocking pink and blonde yelling in defense for me when a man wouldn't budge when i was about to get off the train, even after I'd mumbled countless of "excuse me"s. She pushed him off the train and shoved me gently on my way, and screamed to him, "Move you useless bugger, what are you, fucking racist?!" so loudly that her voice practically echoed in the walls of the 42nd st MTA station.

Ah, Gotham City. 2 months and a half, I'm beginning to fall in love.
(Yes, even after witnessing my first drug deal in Washington Square Park)

1 comment:

Ada Ahyaudin said...

i'd have to stay that ur life there seems much more interesting than in boring 'ol dublin...