Monday, July 14, 2008

Graveyards and dance-offs.

Last weekend has got to be one of the best ones I've had so far this whole summer, ever. He finally came, and so did Marie (on a spontaneous combustion) and we did the whole shebang of random touristy stuff... like walking along Queensbay's stretch of very dirty, rubbish stench beach strip at 7am, visiting the grave of Francis Light, eating Mee CRC (totally random and tak sedap!) and the 'infamous' Penang Road chendol (the one from section 17 tastes wayyy better), hanging out in his big hotel room in the dodgy sort of red light district part of the island and having 'drunken' dance-offs with ringtones from his and Marie's cellphones... overall it was really, really fun and I'm so glad they came all the way from KL to spend the weekend with me. Of course it was really sad when they left but I guess all good things must come to and end.. (like my summer here.. where, where in the world did 8 weeks of my life go to??)

I can't seem to find my camera anywhere and I took loads of underexposed shots on my SLR, so those pictures would need to be scanned.. well later lah when I'm rajin. I haven't even packed for Sydney and we're leaving at 7-ish pm tomorrow... la di da.. yes my 22 year old brother is getting married this Thursday... and in a whirlwind of events, my puny older brother is also planning to jump on the bandwagon soon...


Anyway, I don't need to be told again and again about...some random fact. It makes my stomach churn, thinking about consequences of the rushed decisions I had to make before... like why didn't you tell me earlier so I could have made better arrangements for myself? I don't know how you want me to react or respond, am I supposed to be sad? Overjoyed? Hopeful? What? If that is the case then stop repeating yourself. Because I get it already.

On a totally different note, I felt really god-awful thinking of all the mean things I've said, and the nit-picking on itsy bitsy things that hardly even matter... because I'm being put up as a beneficiary for (the insurance of) a particular person who is very near, and dear to me.. and I know it's not really a big deal or whatever because I could just be a name to fill up a blank but coming from this person it means a whole lot. It made me almost want to cry, and count my every blessing that our paths crossed. Mistakes may have been made, and certain error in judgements may have been terrifyingly hurtful and heartbreaking, but this makes it up in every way possible.

Thank you.







1 comment:

chek.yam said...

eh, ur brader kawen an OZ ka? only that will explain your trip to Syd on tuesday if ur brader is getting married on thurs..
or other possiblities maybe:

- ur running away from the marriage (which is very unlikely)
- ur newly married wanted to marry at an exotic place
-or somother reasons that may be that im not thinking

anyway, by the time u read this, his married. so congrats to u on a new SIL (sis in law).

hee..

sorry. im bored at the office. thank god its my last day in this office.