Sunday, November 21, 2010

skincare regimen 101

It's a Sunday morning and I'm MALAS and LAZY and BORED and blah blah blah blah
since Kat started posting about skincare products, I'm going to share how I finally achieved clear, pimple, blemish free skin after 26 years :)

Believe me when I say I've really tried everything on my skin and always had had to deal with dry, spotty complexion for the longest time, which was really embarrassing (especially when I was working as a beauty/copy writer a few years back!) Howevah, for the past year I've cleared my bathroom shelves free of masks, expensive creams, cleansers, toners, etc that have been eating up space, time, and purse - and truthfully my skin has never looked better!! And all I did was be a little diligent in my google searches - and stumbled upon www.acne.org and found this thread http://www.acne.org/messageboard/OMG-GUYS-THIS-t35135.html. OK, so I was skeptical at first, but it works. It does!

Here is a step by step routine:
1) Cleanser (any off the counter, cheap cleanser would do -- I use this:
I think kat Watsons ade kot yang less than RM15. Murah je. Tak payah pakai Clinique ke ape2. = $8

2) Scrub: I use baking soda. It might seem a little harsh, but honestly there is nothing better than going back to the very basics. $0.99

3) Use apple cider vinegar (plus a little water) as a natural toner = $1.69

After that, it's just some 0.2% benzyl peroxide in copious amounts and wallah!! Don't forget moisturizer and sun screen, of course (because I'm a lazy person I use a combination of both.. been using Kiehl's -- mengada2 nak try but so mahal, any moisturizer would do)

Tu je la!! And it worksssss tremendously, I wouldn't recommend anything else. But of course, everyone's skin is different, so, to each of her own!

Heheh lawak tak my first regiment entry.. kakakakkak ok la next time I write about movies, making movies and whining je la ye. Hehe.

Anyway, everyone get ready for MGMT this marchhhhh.... it's Brooklyn reprezent!!
OK now I go mandi.. nak tengah hari dah ni..

1 comment:

cranberry said...

Poyo tak I tulis camtu? Hehehe...when are you coming back la dey?