Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Updates..

Wow, pejam celik pejam celik, dah tiga minggu setengah jadi jobless... honestly speaking, it's great getting more than enough hours of sleep that I am usually used to. But then I'm becoming an absolute sloth. I can't really go to the gym/run/work out because it's too hot outside and I'm still fasting, so I stay indoors with my AC on and it's hard not to fall asleep during the day (something that I have never done since I started living in New York)

And look! It's 3.20am and I'm wide awake, thanks to some very strong coffee.. (thinking I was going to write a new draft of my script, but.. oh well)

So far, so good. A total of 64 backers, $2150 pledged. But I'm getting worried because I have to raise roughly $1350 to reach a total of $3500 before I can get the money. Don't know if I will get enough people to pledge. It's nauseating also because I feel that I am a very *COUGH* private person (well I mean, I'm not the type to just strike a conversation with anyone I have never met before) but I'm being taught (by my more tweetvarsable better half, of course, who doesn't speak much in real life) to be all chatty to people on twitter (add me! @wayangworks) so that I'll be able to spread the word and get more people to pledge. But still! It's very overwhelming!! For the longest time I've been wanting to keep myself under the radar because I haven't felt like my body of work is worth flaunting off but aaaaaah. Seriously I think to make it I just have to learn to buat muka tebal and angkut bakul sendiri lah. Perangai malu-malu kucing ni hasn't brought me anywhere pun kan? Haishhh.

But recently over dinner with an upperclassman who worked with John Sayles said that I should really save this whole 'filmmaking student from NY' deal and just present myself as a filmmaker. At least people will think that I am more legit that way... in some way or the other I can't help but agree with her...

Anyway, I can't deal with being jobless.. seriously. I think I've been told that I can make my thesis film a full time job, but right now my crew is still in shambles and progress is very slow. On the flipside I have two producers instead of just one now, for which I am very grateful. The whole actor situation thing hasn't worked out yet... and ok, I would tell the whole story again here, now, but I think I'm going to save him some face and skip how inefficient and unprofessional this one actor has been. It's not very cool dude... not very cool at all. The least you can do is apologize for throwing me under the bus... :( but I guess tu lah. Perangai Melayu la kot.

Another week passing by... here's to hoping things start moving a bit faster. And I am so desperate for a job. Really.

Le sigh..

No comments: